A Time Capsule film is a fun & captivating, memory evoking film, created by you! Your unique moments, packaged up in a movie; using a mix of photos or video, for you to share and enjoy… forever.
I believe our everyday moments are precious and the stories of our lives are worth capturing & remembering.
I make time capsules from photos and videos of my life and now you can start to do it too.
Let’s call it a gift for yourself. A way to combine the endless photos and footage we take of “stuff” we do everyday.
This course will set you on a journey of discovery and inspiration so that you can make your own, delightful time capsules films, using what ever medium (photos or video) suits you, for you to enjoy and share forever.
Creating Time Capsules will give you plenty of simple project ideas, with tips & inspiration to make films packed with memories to have for years to come. It will ignite your creativity and be the starting point for you to carry on making these movies as part of your everyday life.
So… how does it all work?
Over the course there will be the opportunity to make three films/projects. The films will be made by you, using any kind of camera… I’ll be sharing examples of films made with a DSLR and on the iPhone…
- Video tutorials, sharing basic editing in iMovie & shooting tips will guide you through the course, with lots of information to get you creating Time Capsules from start to finish.
- I will work in iMovie primarily, offering tips and showing you how I approach editing in this program. With the use of voiceovers of my films and tutorial screencasts, we will look at the basics of iMovie… how I approach editing my movies to give you the kickstart to go play and practice yourself.
- There will be guidance for shooting, with tips & examples of what you can shoot and how to approach certain aspects (some of this material will be from my other classes). There will be plenty of simple projects ideas to spark your creativity, through experimentation & play.
- Your finished projects can shared in an established Vimeo group (Previous students are still active with in it.) Questions can be asked with the course on the relevant lesson or emailed directly.
- REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN OCTOBER – The next course will begin – Friday 27th October 2017 (Course materials will be available for 12 months.)
- Fee £157 – For currency exchange rates please visit – xe.com
Sound good? You will find creating Time Capsules films will open your eyes to a whole new world of possibilities.
So if you want to take a dip into video, photos slideshows and combining them both…
For details about future courses, please join my MAILING LIST.
There will be the opportunity to create three projects/films. I do advise the projects are done in order, but you can pace the class and projects to your own desire or available time.
- Project one – Let’s begin gently by creating a photo slideshow – shooting a story through photos and editing into a slideshow with accompanying music. We will look at making stop motion films to show how you can make movement using stills.
- Project two – We will take our first step into video capture. There will be tips and advice to set you on this journey. We will examine shooting, selecting footage, and editing it together.
- Project three – By taking everything we have gathered and learnt from the first two projects, you will be ready to create a time capsule using both photos and video… this is where the magic starts.
What will I need?
- to set aside some time to shoot and edit for the projects.
- the ability to shoot photos and video. Any camera can be used, if you’re not that familiar with it, you’ll need time practice and play. I won’t be covering technical aspects of specific cameras. The shooting part of the course offers tips and guidance on how and what to shoot. Please feel free to use your favourite camera, whether it’s a DSLR, or hand-held video recorder or even an iPhone…or a combination.
- a computer with an editing program. This isn’t a technical editing class. It will offer an introduction to editing, showing you the basics and sharing tips; enabling you to take the leap and discover more. I will be showing you how I work in iMovie (Mac). I won’t be sharing tutorials in Windows programs, but you are welcome to edit in it and there are plenty of other online tutorials to assist you. You can, of course, use another program, a lot of the advice and tips can be easily transferred.
- access to the internet to view the course content. There will be a community group in Vimeo to share our films/projects.
- and lastly, but probably most importantly… a commitment to create and capture your stories and adventures.
Some questions that might be going through your mind….
If you have any further questions… pop me an email – email@example.com Some of my films from the last couple of years are below….
If you have any further questions… pop me an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of my films from the last couple of years are below….