Would you like to create fun Stop Motion videos? One of the best ways to get started with Stop Motion is to use your phone.
The MAKE STOP MOTIONS online course will share tips to get started, project ideas & inspiration of what stop motions to create and the step by step process to shoot, edit and share your videos, all on your mobile device.
Using either an iPhone or Android, we’ll be creating in the Stop Motion Studio app, as it has everything you need to get started and what I love about the app, is it does all the hard work of putting the photos together for you. So you can concentrate on being creative and trying all the different ways to make things move, dance and have fun!
Start making stop motions on your phone!
This course will include –
FOUR PROJECTS TO INSPIRE YOU – Each project will spark your own ideas to make into Stop Motion videos. I will share my versions of the projects to inspire you to get you started.
SHOOTING – There will be tips for planning your shoot, like choosing your props and setting equipment up. Plus, a step by step guide to creating Stop Motions and ‘behind the scenes’ demos of how I shoot.
We’ll be using the free app – Stop Motion Studio which is available on IOS and Android.
EDITING – I will offer demos in Stop Motion Studio app and other editing apps for enhancing your videos with music, text and filters/effects. You’ll be able to edit alongside the tutorials and before you know it, you’ll be doing it all by yourself!.
THE SCHEDULE – The active session of the course is 14 days. Two projects for the first week and two more for the second week. You can work through the four projects in your own time and the number of Stop Motion videos you create is up to you. Each of the project ideas could spark multiple videos!
SUPPORT – I’m available for questions within the online course space and can offer encouragement & feedback on your videos during set times, as shared in the course. Participants are also welcome to follow my @createvideoswithxanthe Instagram account where I will host regular Live Q&As during the active session of the course.
SHARING – Your finished Stop Motion projects can be shared on Instagram via the course hashtag. (You’re welcome to keep your videos private if you choose.)
REGISTRATION IS OPEN
NEXT COURSE – Fri 15th OCT TO Fri 29TH OCT 2021
(REGISTRATION WILL REMAIN OPEN THROUGHOUT THE COURSE, SO JOIN IN ANYTIME DURING THE 14 DAYS.)
Course Fee £99
For currency exchange rates please visit – xe.com
Following a few requests to access the course materials immediately and not have to wait till the next active course. Here is a SELF-PACED version, to work through the course content in your own time.
The next active session will start in Dec 2021 – For details about my online courses, please join my MAILING LIST
Once you have paid via PayPal, you will receive an email inviting you to create a profile on this site – if you already have a login, you be invited to sign in to add the course to your dashboard. Once registered, you will have access to all of the content after the course begins.
Course materials will be available for twelve months. Extended access is only available through paid monthly subscription and must be requested prior to your expiration date. Once you have accessed the course, no refunds available under any circumstances.
What will I need to create my stop motion videos?
- PHONE – You’ll need a phone with the app – Stop Motion Studio downloaded (the free version is all you need initially). I will be sharing demos with an iPhone 11Pro. The app is very similar for Android.
- SHOOTING – The shooting part of the course offers tips and guidance on how and what to shoot. You’ll need to set aside some time for shooting. All of these projects can be made in your home, in a small space.
- EDITING – Most of the editing will be done in Stop Motion Studio, and I’ll share other apps for enhancing your videos further, by adding music, text and effects. I’ll show you the basics and sharing tips in my favourite apps. You’re welcome to use your favourite apps if you prefer and the advice and tips can be transferred.
- FULL INTERNET ACCESS – to view the course content and watch the tutorials.
- EQUIPMENT – It’s recommended to use some form of tripod or have the ability to keep your phone still while shooting. Headphones/ear buds are helpful if you have access to them. I will share a list of equipment within the course or check out this blog post to get started.
- ADDITIONAL EXTRA – Music for your films could be an extra expense. I will share places to source music for free, but it’s worth considering purchasing a subscription to a copyright free music library for ease with finding music.
- and lastly, but probably most importantly… a commitment to create and play!.
What is Stop Motion?
Stop-motion animation is a technique to make a physically manipulated object appear to move on its own. The object is moved in small increments between individually photographed frames, creating the illusion of flowing movement when the series of frames is played as a continuous sequence.
The best results come when you play and get experimental. There are so many possibilities of what to create with Stop Motion.
Creative fun for all!
This course is suitable for ages!
Some questions that might be going through your mind….
If you have any further questions… pop me an email – email@example.com