LET'S MAKE ALL SORTS OF VIDEOS!
During this six week online course, I will share how I create my videos, by taking you through my step by step process, so you can learn to make them too.
Each week, there will be lots of inspiration and project ideas to spark the creation of your videos. We concentrate on a different type of video each week, like shooting in slow motion and time lapse, creating fun stop motions and video portraits, plus how-to demonstrations and telling the story of your weekend. There are so many stories you can tell!. I’ll be sharing my process; the key points to guide you through your projects. It’s packed with information to get you creating.
What this course will do, is equip you to shoot amazing content and edit together the type of videos you want to make. That could be films of your life and family, telling your story or you can make videos to promote your small business or brand e.g. make stop motions of your stationery products or time lapses of your surroundings or behind the scenes process or mini films of your events. There is so much scope for telling stories through video.
Every video you make will help you go on to create even more videos… with more knowledge, experience and confidence.
So… How does it all work?
During the 6 weeks there will be the opportunity for you to create a weekly video, using any kind of camera… I’ll be sharing examples of films made with either a DSLR, compact camera and on the iPhone.
- Each week will focus on a different prompt to spark your creativity, through experimentation & play. There will be shooting or editing techniques to practice while creating your weekly video. I will share examples to inspire and offer tips and guidance for each project.
- For the editing – You will have access to step by step tutorials on the basics of how to start editing, with an overview in programs suitable for Mac & options for PC.
- The schedule – New project materials will be shared on a Tuesday, with our sharing day on Monday and the option to take part in the #minimondaymovies on Instagram, for those that are interested.
- There will be the opportunity to create a video a week, however the number of projects you complete is entirely up to you. I will guide and encourage you throughout the course.
- Your finished video projects can be shared on Instagram via the course hashtag. Participants can ask questions within the course site and over at the @createvideoswithxanthe Instagram account, where there are regular Live Q&As and more inspiration during the course.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Next course begins OCT 5TH 2021
(Registration will remain open for two weeks after the courses starts, so join in anytime)
Course Fee £247
If you’d like to pay in three monthly instalments – Please head over HERE
Following a few requests to access the course materials immediately and not have to wait till the next active course. Here is a special SELF-PACED session, to work through the course content in your own time.
Once you have paid via PayPal, you will receive an email inviting you to create a profile on this site. Once registered, you will have access to all of the content, once the course begins.
Course materials will be available for a further eighteen months after the course finishes. Extended access is only available through paid monthly subscription and must be requested prior to your expiration date. Once you have accessed the course, no refunds are available under any circumstances.
What resonated the most is that you encouraged us learners to just do it, no matter what camera gear we have – or don’t have. That it is more about encapsulating a moment, an emotion for the future than about reaching award-winning-hollywood-
feature-film levels. This doesn’t mean that you skipped on the technical part during this course, quite the opposite. You gave us the tools, the tips and the confidence and this, in the most casual and amicable way. – Anouchka
Xanthe gave me tools to understand every aspect of the filmmaking process and (more importantly) inspiration to use in my own films. Anyone can give you the technical skills needed to make a film, but with Xanthe you have a creative teacher and guide who empowers and inspires beyond just the how-to. – Deb
Make Films is one of the best ecourses I’ve ever done. It’s full of content and guidance, with plenty of opportunities for questions and feedback. I especially loved that we were able to share our movies and learn from each other. Thank you so much Xanthe! You’re an inspiration and amazing teacher! I can’t wait to sign up for one of your other courses. – Dörte
what will you need...
- To set aside some time to shoot and edit each week. How much time is up to you, but I would recommend a few hours spaced over the week.
- The ability to shoot photos and video. Any camera can be used. If you’re not that familiar with it, you’ll need time practice and play, as I won’t be covering all technical aspects of specific cameras. The shooting part of the course offers tips and guidance on how and what to shoot. Please feel free to use your favourite camera, whether it’s a DSLR, compact camera or even an mobile device…or a combination.
- A computer with an editing program. You will get a great introduction to editing, enabling you to get started and complete each video. You’ll be shown the basics to use Final Cut Pro (Mac only) & Adobe Rush (Mac and PC) – both programs will be an additional cost… Plus, apps for editing on a phone. You’re welcome to use your favourite editing program and some of the advice and tips can be used on different programs.
- Access to the internet to view the course content. The course materials will be shared in my online learning site. Our community will be sharing their videos on Instagram and members of the course can ask questions within the course classroom.
- ADDITIONAL EXTRA – Music for your videos will be an extra expense. I will share places to source music for free, but it’s worth considering purchasing a subscription to a copyright free music library for ease with finding music.
- and lastly, but probably most importantly… a commitment to experiment, make weekly videos and have fun!
Some questions that might be going through your mind….
If you have any further questions… pop me an email – email@example.com
Enrolling in this course was easily one of the best things I did to further my learning. I knew within the first week – that this course was something special. Not only is Xanthe full of incredible inspiration – her lessons are chock full of wonderful information – especially for those who are wanting to expand their knowledge in the film/video. (I now have a slight obsessions with #minimovies.) As an instructor – she is available, helpful and insanely supportive. I used to think films were slightly daunting and was overwhelmed with the process – Xanthe’s approach helps you tap into your creative self. In the past 10 weeks – I can safely say I have developed a true love for films and cannot wait to create more in the future.” – Allison
I don’t know how I could ever thank you enough for your easy to follow tutorials and creative spark. Because the creative spark is what sets you apart. You are an artist in the truest sense. I’ve seen plenty of “how-to” tutorials other places but none feel as if I’m watching an artist at work. Your course is the embodiment of that. Pure artwork.” – Sara